So sorry for being absent here on the blog. I am working on trying to develop some sort of blog routine but nothing really feels right to me. I thought about blogging per day per category but I don't feel that is right either. I will figure it out, but for now I am going to show you a little something I did in my Bible today when I did not have any more room to journal/doodle in the margin.
The inspiration came from this weekends message at church called "Set Free From Me" based on Romans 8. I had a hunch that there would be a lot of note taking when I heard the statement "The Weapons of Self Destruction" You know, things like shame, uncontrolled thoughts, compulsions, fear, hopelesness, bitterness and insecurity.
I don't want to suggest that you sit and watch the message online because maybe you don't deal with that junk, but you know, in case "you know someone" that does, you should watch it. All you have to do is click the highlighted title "Set Free From Me" up there.
anyways....here are a few things to think about and remember:
- Just because I "think it" does not mean "it" is right . The mind is a battlefield. When there is a habit to change, I don't resist it, I replace it and when it comes to the mind, the way to do that is to ask the Holy Spirit to give me better thoughts. #yay
- Will power does not work but the power I get from God does. When I realize that then I will also realize that I have the ability to say NO. #yes!
- Stop foccussing on my fear and focus on my Father (psst..that would be God) - I must turn my thoughts to God whenever I am afraid. #focusnotfear
- Focus on long term, NOT short term. Choose right and best insead of easy, quick and conveinent. (I need that tattooed on my other foot or on my forehead) #choosebest
- Remind myself daily (or hourly as needed) that GOD is Good and HE is in control. #iamnot
- Trust the TRUTH - God will NEVER stop loving me. #itisapromise
So what does this have to do with my Bible Journaling? Well, when I got to Romans 8 in my bible I realized that I had already been there. This is what it looked like:
After this weekends message and the notes I had taken, I had lots more to add to that margin so I decided to create an insert page using a blank lined page from my Documented Life Journal (Moleskin Planner) I carefully tore out a page from the back of the Moleskin, measured and trimmed the page to fit into my bible and reread my notes. Then I penciled in what I wanted to doodle and using a black pen, started doodling away. Once I had finished what I wanted written, I placed my page in the crease between the two pages. I mean, inbetween the opening of the two pages. Wait, does that sound right? Oh, just take a look at the picture below. You will get what I am saying: Then I added a piece of Washi Tape to keep it in place: DUH, right? Why did I not think of this before? Now I am going to go buy an entire Moleskin so that I can take it apart so I can add more pages.