WARNING....this is a LONG POST..maybe my longest ever!
This is me:
I am on the Prima Education Team, I design red rubber stamps for Purple Onion Designs and Dies &Embossing Folders for Sizzix and well, speaking of dies, here is an example for the my shapes you can cut from felt (yes, you can cut felt)
anyways...apparently there are TWO Stephanie Ackermans in this industry and plenty of room for more, but....I am me, and she is she (a little Dr. Seuss for you!) I don't know her (but did get a little email from her once) and I am not sure about what exactly she does...but congrats to her on being a finalist for the Spellbinders team!
and well, just because I know you are dying to know...here is a little about me:
1. I started out Stephanie Knudtson at birth (no, not this big, this was me on the 3rd birthday!)
2. I was Stephanie Tafoya for 10 years
3. I had two stinky lovely boys (well, I mean I still have them!) and they are growing up way to fast!
4. I love my home and rather be there than anywhere...except for Maui
or on the streets of Huntingdon PA.
5. I was once I mean, TWICE President of the US, I mean PTA, drove a mini van (which I LOVED and still would drive one today)
6. I ran a marathon , went to church, volunteered at the school, worked at the school..spent alot of time at the school..while traveling through divorce
7. I have traveled to many a skate park and sat in beach chairs on the front curb with the GND (girl next door) for many an hour..Now the kids are sitting on the curbs with their friends and there is no room for the moms....and the girl next door moved away...
8. I have worked in an office, catered and served many a drink the several of the REAL OC housewives (and have never been a waitress!) went into the category of Self Employed, baked 100's and I mean HUNDREDS of cakes and cupcakes...painted 1000's of snowmen on ornaments
9. In 2006 I dove head first into the Paper Crafting world after several dreamy talks and a visit from a girl..my creative life took a turn and have made the most wonderful amazing friends...
10. Re-connected with the first boy that I ever loved (when I was 15 and we worked at McDonalds)
12. just a few months after that, this was published...
13. I call myself "god's Crash test Dummy" because sometime I do things...well, once I took the guard off of a die cut machine and wound up rolling my finger right through it (yeas, I had to roll it back out so I could be taken to the urgent care!) and yes, of course I have a picture...you don't want to see it!
14. I take GIANT leaps of faith (because I like to stay at home) and have traveled the streets of Downtown Los Angeles to find creative treasures
15. I pray ALOT...and doodle about it
16. I am blessed to have an amazing family
17. some super cool friends that get my dorkyness and love me anyway
19. I belong to a REALLY amazing Church and give all the credit to GOD for my wildly creative amazing life....
20. Our house...is in the middle of our street...and it is really super fun where we live....sometimes more like a campground. We have said "Bon Voyage" to too many neighbors (if you ask me) but have welcomed in some amazing new neighbors...and I have a new girl next door that I look forward to sitting on the curb watching her kiddos someday...not quite yet....all the newbies are sooooo young...makes me feel...really...."mature"!
oh yeah..I LOVE to make things....alot!
whew...that's all I have for now, because I am bored and sure that you are too....
oh, did I mentioned that I LOVE Bon Jovi?