Q: I just found your blog and want to know a little more about you. What can you tell me about you?
Q: Here is the most asked question....I want to doodle just like you. Can you teach me?
A: Well, first off, if you doodled just like me, then it would not be you..but what I can do is show you how I doodle and then you can create your own style! Consider taking Doodle 101.
Q: How do you balance everything and make it look okay?
- I do not get it all done and often times have to re-do things to get it right...
- I often fail at things, admit it and learn from it
- I do too much for too many reasons and am constantly re-correcting, reorganizing, re-stacking, re-figuring, refraining, remembering and forgetting....but what does keep me in balance is what is around my neck in this drawing (not the medal!)
Q: What supplies will I need for the "Work of HEart" class?
A: I suppose it would have been a good idea to tell you what kind of supplies you might want to have on hand for the new class, but I overlooked that one, whoops. Luckily, as you know me, the supplies list is a list of things that I betcha already have:
- Several scraps of patterned paper
- Mod-Podge or Decoupage by Helmar (I use both!)
- Assorted stencils (alphabet stencil used in project was purchased at Micheal's)
- Craft Paint (I used Tan, Turquoise and black in this class a lot)
- Sponge, paper towels and/or baby wipes
- Heat Gun (to dry projects)
- Chunky Glass Glitter (optional)
Here is a comment: "I live far away from everything. I only "go IN" every few weeks. I make lists and when they get long enough I go. I like how you just used what you have around the house! Beautiful."
A: The Facebook Group is a place for those who are taking the "Work of HEart" class to share,converse and post their work for other students in the class to see, get ideas from and to praise. It is also a place that I post random "blah blah blah" as well as little helpful hints and ideas. It is not mandatory nor even necessary to be on FB to join the class.
Q: What are the projects for the Work of HEart class?
A: There are four different "projects", the first one being how to create a collage background to use on the other projects as well as anything else you want to create...(it is a little addicting!)
- "Written on your Heart" is about creating a journal using a composition book..and then using it!
- "Charming Hearts" is about creating Hearts that express sentiment for you, and for others to hang here and there..even on Christmas trees (8 weeks people..8 weeks!)
- "Twelve Hearts" is about creating creating 12 tags with, ut um..12 hearts and then adding "kind things to do" to the tags and then doing them!...my favorite in this class!