A storm, a diagnosis, a grieving heart...whatever it might be, unfortunately, we live in a broken world full of disasters, death, distress, disappointment and discontent and bad things happen to good people all around us. (Thanks alot, Adam!)
There are so many circumstances surrounding us and when we are on the outside looking in, the "What can I do besides in addition to praying?" feelings are overwhelming. It is the question I have been asking myself and others alot lately. There has got to be more I can do, whether I am 3 feet or 3,000 miles away.
Personally, I am tired of hearing people complain about gas prices. We are lucky to have gas..
We are lucky, blessed, whatever you want to call it, to have a choice.
So, again.."What Can I Do in addition to praying?" start by working together with others towards a common goal because
"..Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed" Ecc 4:9
It is our job.
".. we must work, doing something useful with our own hands, that we may have something to share with those in need." Eph. 4:28 NIV
With great optimism, resilience and faith, ultimately we can help in turning the bad into good by getting up and doing something....
- Offer Your Physical Presence - Be there. Be Close.
- Offer Security - Open your doors to offer safety and protection.
- Offer Practical Assistance - Offer to prepare meals, run errands & make appointments.
- Give Emotional Support - Pray for them and with them..out-loud.
- Love One Another - "We belong to each other and each of us needs all the others"Romans 12:5
- Demonstrate hope & remind others that giving up is not an option.