The old me LOVED Diet Coke.
The old me LOVED chips and salsa....alot.
The newer me doesn't eat tortilla chips anymore, and if I do, I eat a handful and while I enjoy the crunch and the salt...the rest makes me feel crappy....
the old and new me still loves salsa and just as much as I love to eat it, I love to make it.
Here is what I use:
- 1 container of mild fresh "pico" salsa from the deli
- 1/2 - 1 jar of medium jar salsa
- 1/2 Sweet Maui Onion chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1 Fuji or Gala Apple seeded and finely chopped
- 7-10 Strawberries, Mango or papaya, chopped
- 1-2 Avocados, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
I eat it in salads, on salads with BBQ chicken, with apples, celery, carrots (instead of chips) or just plain by itself...it is so good...and when I take it places, I always tell people to guess the secret ingredients. They are so surprised to hear about all of the fruit.
Try it..you'll like it!
oh..and in the Fall/Winter, you can dump it in a crock pot with chicken broth, shredded chicken, celery, chili powder, cumin, garlic, green chilis, a few dashed of this and that and make Chicken Tortilla Soup!